[Gc] Re: Patch for native support of long weakrefs

Zach Saw zach.saw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:56:20 PST 2012

Hi Ivan,

5. Move most code of GC_general_register_disappearing_link (except for
> arguments checks and locks) to new GC_register_disappearing_link_inner (it
> could be GC_INLINE) which should accept pointer to GC_dl_hashtbl (in
> addition to link and obj);
> same for GC_unregister_disappearing_link and GC_move_disappearing_link
> (code refactoring, step 2)

Step 2 refactoring is done:
https://github.com/zachsaw/bdwgc/compare/d8e15a9...54e6788

Please review.

As for refactoring GC_finalize, I would suggest to first move code for
"make disappearing links disappear" into
GC_make_disappearing_links_disappear (GC_INLINE) with pointer to
dl_hashtbl_s as the only argument. The same for
GC_remove_dangling_disappearing_links.

Zach