Re[2]: [Gc] Re: boehm-gc merge for GCC

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri Nov 16 12:54:17 PST 2012

Hi NightStrike,

In my understanding, I've done bdwgc ready for gcj but some gcj files should be changed to reflect the changes in bdwgc API (e.g., thread registration). There is a problem is thread suspend/resume - bdwgc does not have such API but OTOH suspend/resume is deprecated part of Java threads. Regarding integration bdwgc into gcj, I think it's better to have bdwgc as a separate module (similar to libmpfr).

I have an intention to do the work but this requires significant efforts to make it perfect,  so I gave up due to lack of time.

Any volunteers?

Regards,
Ivan