[Gc] Re[5]: Patch for native support of long weakrefs

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Nov 17 07:36:03 PST 2012

Hi Zach,

I've reviewed your latest commit and adjusted some code (https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/compare/7730d81...df392f3).
In the my recent commit, I've nonetheless decided to move locking out of GC_unregister_disappearing_link_inner (minor code duplication should be ok, GC_unregister_disappearing_link is then, anyway, quite small and straightforward).

Please merge https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/tree/add-long-weakref to your add-long-weakref branch and go on.

About naming: I think GC_[un]register/move_disappearing_link_long name is long (and major part of it is common with GC_X_disappearing_link). I suggest GC_..._long_link instead. Any objections or other candidates?

Regards,
Ivan