[Gc] Re: Avoid ABORT() in GC_log_printf

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Tue Nov 20 07:59:15 PST 2012

Hi Kjetil,

1. New abort function could be set via GC_set_abort_func.
2. You haven't specified your target.
3. By default, GC_log_printf write to stderr.
4. If you want to permanently ignore GC_log, you could pass -DGC_LOG_TO_FILE_ALWAYS -DGC_LOG_STD_NAME=\"/dev/null\"
4. What should GC do in case of error?

Regards,
Ivan

Tue 20 Nov 2012 16:25:48 Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at notam02.no>:

>Hi,

I just got a crash which I think was caused by running my program in a

read-only directory.

WRITE failed in GC_log_printf, and then ABORT() was called.

Perhaps there is a configuration flag I can set which prevents ABORT

from aborting?

(didn't find any though). I don't want the garbage collector to abort

the program

in production code, even if it could be a serious error.

I'll just redefine ABORT for now, but I think the default behavior

needs to be changed.

(It could of course also be that I have misunderstood something)

-Kjetil