[Gc] Re[3]: Powerpc/m68k issue running test_stack

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Wed Nov 21 08:03:35 PST 2012

Hi Thorsten,

Could you summarize please you suggestion how to fix this? Use GCC builtins for AO_test_and_set_full and AO_compare_and_swap_full for m68k if GCC 4.6+, right?

Regards,
Ivan

Tue 20 Nov 2012 21:26:53 Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd.de>:

>Dixi quod…
>

>> Ivan Maidanski dixit:
>

>> >1. Could you please verify that the problem exists in the recent
>
>libatomic_ops-7.2:
>

>> Yes, it does (see attached file).
>

>By the way:
>

>root at aranym:~/libatomic_ops-7_2 # tests/
>
>test_stack
>
>Segmentation fault

That being said, a build of the Debian unstable package, with

running the testsuite, succeeded. On the other hand, in the

build chroot I’ve already a patched eglibc with a fix for 5-

and 6-argument “cancellable syscalls” (whatever they are), so

this might also have helped.

See attached build log. It’s not 7.2 though…

bye,

//mirabilos

--

Darwinism never[…]applied to wizardkind. There's a more than fair amount of[…]

stupidity in its gene-pool[…]never eradicated[…]magic evens the odds that way.

It's[…]harder to die for us than[…]muggles[…]wonder if, as technology[…]better

[…]same will[…]happen there too. Dursleys' continued existence indicates so.