[Gc] Re[2]: Powerpc/m68k issue running test_stack

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Nov 24 05:28:24 PST 2012

Hi Thorsten,

Wed 21 Nov 2012 19:21:56 Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd.de>:
>Dixi quod…
>

>Ivan Maidanski dixit:
>

>>Could you summarize please you suggestion how to fix this?
>

>I need to make a couple more checks. *Maybe* it got fixed
>
>with the new eglibc patch already, since the Debian package
>
>7.3~alpha3+git20121114-1 unexpectedly *passed* all its tests.

OK, after some tests, I can confirm that the patched libc,

independent of the kernel, fixes the test_stack program.

@Debian eglibc maintainers: So this means that yes, please

include the patch when your policy permits (it’s fine if it

is not possible until after the wheezy release and unfreeze,

I’ll carry a patched version until then).

@boehm-gc people: I think you need to not do anything. Note

that I could not test master as autoreconf didn’t want to

work for me, but Ivan, if you could private-mail me a tarball

of master where I just need to run ./configure && make check,

I will gladly do that.
Here they are:
http://www.ivmaisoft.com/_bin/bdwgc/gc-7.3alpha3-20121123.tar.bz2
http://www.ivmaisoft.com/_bin/bdwgc/libatomic_ops-7.3alpha3-20121123.tar.bz2

Regards,
Ivan

@Debian-68k people: this tests the eglibc patch and validates

that we indeed want it; as for the kernel patch, the test has

not yet compiled far enough to see. I’m running the rebuilt

kernel already (the atari flavour is built early enough ☺),

and it at least shows no regressions.

bye,

//mirabilos