[Gc] Re: gcj 4.6 on OpenBSD/x86

Kurt Miller kurt at intricatesoftware.com
Tue Oct 23 10:11:01 PDT 2012

Thanks. I have the current source tree. Question for you. Do you care to support OpenBSD < 5.2 release or can we set the minimum supported version to 5.2?

In 5.2 we elminiated the userland threads model and replaced it with a 1-1 kernel supported thread model. We also eliminated some non-portable functions in 5.2. My preference is to just support 5.2 and up since userland thread model is gone for good and will not be mantained by any OpenBSD developer now. i.e. pre 5.2 support will code rot due to lack of testing.

Thanks,
-Kurt