Re: [Gc] 7.3alpha3 not finishing test on MingW with c++ options

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Mon Oct 29 11:37:19 PST 2012

Hi Joshua,

I can't reproduce your problem, could you please try to compile and run only middle test:
C:\MinGW\bin\gcc -I include -I libatomic_ops/src -DGC_THREADS -DTHREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC -Os -Wall -Wextra -s tests/middle.c extra/gc.c
a.exe
Final heap size is 65536

If this works then send me log produced by make.

Does  --enable-cplusplus influence middle test?

My MinGW compiler is 4.4.0

Regards,
Ivan

Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:08:29 +0000 (UTC)  Joshua Scholar <JoshuaScholar at gmail.com>:

>I compiled 7.3alpha on MinGW.  I used ivmai's advice and ran ./autogen.sh on

Linux and copied it back instead of running "autoreconf -vif" on windows.

A plain compile passed all tests.

But I just recompiled by doing

./configure --prefix=/MinGW --enable-cplusplus --enable-threads=win32

--enable-static --enable-shared

make clean

make

make check

But the check never finishes.  After passing chordtest, gctest and leaktest

it hangs in middletest

I'm gonna post my email address for anyone to give me advice here...

JoshuaScholar (at) gmail etc.

Thanks

By the way the gmane post gave me an error of:

 "You have lines longer than 80 characters. Fix that."

excuse me for the line breaks I'm gonna put in the middle of things.