Re[2]: [Gc] Powerpc/m68k issue running test_stack

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun Sep 23 02:44:34 PDT 2012

Hi Michael, Thorsten and Wouter,

A couple of months, You reported libatomic_ops-7.3alpaha test_stack failure on Alpha, PowerPC and m68k:
* http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=680100
* http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=680066

1. Could you please verify that the problem exists in the recent libatomic_ops-7.2:

git clone git://github.com/ivmai/libatomic_ops.git -b release-7_2
cd libatomic_ops
./configure
make check

2. If the problem exits (either in v7.2 or 7.3alpha) and it is a regression, please point me to the version you compare with.

3. I could spend some time (during next several weeks) to find out the root cause of these failures (and prepare the patch) but I don't have access to the mentioned hardware, so a collaboration with you is required to fix these problems.

Thank you.

PS. There should be no problem with freebsd/i686 any longer.

Regards,
Ivan