Re[2]: [Gc] Powerpc/m68k issue running test_stack

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Sun Sep 23 03:53:25 PDT 2012

Ivan Maidanski dixit:

>> Tue, 3 Jul 2012 11:16:29 -0700 Ian Wienand <ian at wienand.org>:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > We've received Debian bug #680100 [1] that test_stack is spinning out
>> > on powerpc.  There is also a possibly related bug with test_stack

Interesting about the spinning. This sort of matches problems I had
with things like Qt4 which seem to wait for return of children forever,
and I’m still suspecting a threads (possibly kernel/eglibc) bug there
somewhere.

>1. Could you please verify that the problem exists in the recent libatomic_ops-7.2:
>
>git clone git://github.com/ivmai/libatomic_ops.git -b release-7_2
>cd libatomic_ops
>./configure
>make check

Will do that, for both release-7_2 and master. Will take a bit though ☺

>3. I could spend some time (during next several weeks) to find out the
>root cause of these failures (and prepare the patch) but I don't have
>access to the mentioned hardware, so a collaboration with you is
>required to fix these problems.

https://wiki.debian.org/Aranym/Quick for m68k.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Solange man keine schmutzigen Tricks macht, und ich meine *wirklich*
schmutzige Tricks, wie bei einer doppelt verketteten Liste beide