Re[3]: [Gc] Powerpc/m68k issue running test_stack

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun Sep 23 05:44:30 PDT 2012

Hi Thorsten,

According to your log, the test fails with SIGBUS.
Is cas.l asm instruction supported on ARAnyM emulator?

If no then we should add some feature macro tests to gcc/m68k.h (to disable use of cas.l if unsupported)
The temporal workaround is to comment out #define AO_HAVE_compare_and_swap_full in gcc/m68k.h
(Another very slow workaround is to use CFLAGS=-DAO_USE_PTHREAD_DEFS)

Regards,
Ivan

Sun, 23 Sep 2012 11:07:35 +0000 (UTC) от Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd.de>:

>Ivan Maidanski dixit:
>

>1. Could you please verify that the problem exists in the recent libatomic_ops-7.2:

Yes, it does (see attached file).

Cannot test in master due to:

root at aranym:~/libatomic_ops-master # mksh autogen.sh

libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.

libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'

libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.

libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'

libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'

libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'

libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'

libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'

configure.ac:14: installing `./compile'

configure.ac:5: installing `./config.guess'

configure.ac:5: installing `./config.sub'

configure.ac:8: installing `./install-sh'

configure.ac:8: installing `./missing'

src/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'

configure.ac:166: required file `pkgconfig/atomic_ops-uninstalled.pc.in' not found

autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

1|root at aranym:~/libatomic_ops-master # ls pkgconfig/

atomic_ops.pc.in

>2. If the problem exits (either in v7.2 or 7.3alpha) and it is a
>
>regression, please point me to the version you compare with.

No idea about that, I’ve not been doing m68k work for “very long”,

and I usually build without the tests just to get things doing.

But with an ARAnyM instance or two of your own, it’s easy enough

to look yourself, I guess, gdb works. (Do make sure to use the

current 0.9.13-3.1 upload or a backport thereof, I’ve got backports

for e.g. Kubuntu hardy and lucid on hand if needed.)

bye,

//mirabilos

--

«MyISAM tables -will- get corrupted eventually. This is a fact of life. »

“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends

from a database” “it's a rebranded SyBase” “MySQL however was born from a

flatfile and went downhill from there” – “at least jetDB doesn’t claim to

be a database”	-- Tonnerre, psychoschlumpf and myself in #nosec