[Gc] opposite of GC_exclude_static_roots

Basile Starynkevitch basile at starynkevitch.net
Tue Apr 2 04:46:19 PST 2013

Hello All

My understanding is that when mmap-ing (on GNU/Linux/Debian/Sid/x86-64) some textual
(e.g. JSON or XML) file segment, it is better to inform the GC using
GC_exclude_static_roots to avoid scanning it.

However, I don't understand what should I do when I am munmap-ing that file segment
because I have finish dealing with that file and that segment.
Or maybe it does not matter (e.g. because the GC is internally using /proc/self/maps)?

Or does GC_exclude_static_roots should only be used for some huge global or static
pointer-less array?

Regards.