[Gc] Silently fails to allocate memory?

Brian Beuning bbeuning at corecard.com
Sat Apr 13 05:54:40 PDT 2013

The simplest answer is your process is running out of memory.
Try using the ps(1) command to check your process size.

If you are using any C++ STL containers (string, map, vector, list, etc.),
I expect they would allocate memory using regular malloc and GC will not
reclaim that memory.  You need to define an STL allocator template and
pass it to the container templates to get STL to allocate memory using GC.
(Overriding the global operator new might work on Linux, it does not work
on Windows.)