[Gc] FreeBSD Itanium: gc-7.1 build failure...

Vitaly Magerya vmagerya at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 11:39:34 PDT 2013

> I've imported FreeBSD ports patches and your patch (upgrading to 7.2d) into BDWGC repository:  https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/commits/freebsd-ports-devel-boehm-gc
> And applied a couple of fixes:  https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/commit/28e6e4fdb5fe4166a6f5a9c3a23472c5f597e138
> (these are: GC_caller_func -> GC_caller_func_offset, RA -> GC_DBG_RA, missed GC_caller_func_offset call from GC_debug_realloc).

Is that part of the patches (related to GC_RETURN_ADDR_PARENT and
GC_ADD_CALLER) something you're willing to merge into master? I actually
proposed to drop them from the ports tree to reduce divergence from the
upstream (also because I don't actually understand the need for them),
but if you're willing to merge them, that would be great as well.

> I think later I'll manage to merge most of FreeBSD ports patches into BDWGC master.

That is appreciated, thanks.

> * Tag for gc-7.1 plus imported freebsd-ports patches:  https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/releases/tag/gc7_1-freebsd
> * Imported  http://tx97.net/~magv/diff/boehm-gc-7.2d.diff applied to freebsd-ports patches:  https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/commit/8666ba2a170962a40017e6452d0cbd66ded8f561

Right, looks good.