[Gc] Re[2]: gcj 4.6 on OpenBSD/x86

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sat Jun 1 01:35:43 PDT 2013

 Hi Kurt,

1. One thing is unclear to me (from the patch): OpenBSD provides (or provided) nice way to suspend/getstate/resume threads, your patch disables it (for recent OpenBSD) in favor of emulation of these operations via signals which has drawbacks (like hard-coding signal numbers, etc.) but inevitable on most pthread-based platforms. What's the reason?

2. There are 2 independent part in your patch: first is for dyn_load.c and for the rest, right? (if yes, I'll break it into to commits)

3. Reason of adding include <sys/param.h> to gc_config_macros.h is to define OpenBSD, right?

4. Some commit message is highly appreciated

5. I don't think we should apply to 7.2d (this seems to be not a fix)

The rest looks good (I haven't tested it on OpenBSD though).

Regards,
Ivan