[Gc] Re: Re[6]: libatomic_ops aarch64 support

Yvan Roux yvan.roux at linaro.org
Tue Mar 5 18:33:31 PST 2013

Hi Ivan,

> I've applied your patch (to add-aarch64-support branch) plus mine minor
> changes. Please retest.

Cool ! thanks

the testsuite is ok, now the only missing functions are :

Missing: AO_compare_and_swap_double
Missing: AO_compare_and_swap_double_acquire
Missing: AO_compare_and_swap_double_release
Missing: AO_compare_and_swap_double_read
Missing: AO_compare_and_swap_double_write
Missing: AO_compare_and_swap_double_full
Missing: AO_compare_and_swap_double_release_write
Missing: AO_compare_and_swap_double_acquire_read

but the comment leader has to be reverted to '//' ('@' is no more
supported by A64 assemblers)

> 2 questions:
> * Could we discard stxp in double_load like for 32-bit ARM?

unfortunately no, because ldxp is not single-copy atomic.

> * The clobber lists of all asm statements are empty, is it ok?

Compared to the arm.h implementation, the 'cc' are no more clobbered
because A64 doesn't include the concept of conditonal execution, and
thus the number of instruction that clobbered cc was reduced. But
indeed, some of the asm statements needs to clobber the memory, as the
compiler is not aware that the register hold a memory location, but
with the Q constraint it should be good without clobber information. I
attached the patch which does it.

Cheers,
Yvan