Re: [Gc] Leak detector for libjansson

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Sun Mar 10 00:01:03 PST 2013

 Hi Ilya,

Sorry for a long delay. You should compile libgc with -DFIND_LEAK and recompile libjansson with CFLAGS="--include <path_to_gc>/include/leak_detector.h" (some platforms could deal without recompilation but the former is more reliable).

Sample leak_test.c:
#include <stdlib.h>

void main(void) {
    void *p;
    int i;
    for (i = 0; i < 3; i++)
      p = malloc(1);
}

gcc -DFIND_LEAK -I include -c extra/gc.c
gcc --include include/leak_detector.h leak_test.c gc.o
./a.out

Output (addresses may vary):
Found 2 leaked objects:
0x20080fd0 (leak_test.c:8, sz=1, NORMAL)
0x20080fe8 (leak_test.c:8, sz=1, NORMAL)

Regards,
Ivan