[Gc] Minor autoconf problem (FYI)

Manuel.Serrano at inria.fr Manuel.Serrano at inria.fr
Sat Mar 30 00:07:23 PST 2013

Hi Ivan,

I'm trying to use the experimental version of the collector. I have followed
the steps indicated on the web page. That is:

   cd D
   git clone git://github.com/ivmai/libatomic_ops.git
   git clone git://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc.git
   ln -s  D/libatomic_ops D/bdwgc/libatomic_ops
   cd bdwgc
   autoreconf -vif
   automake --add-missing
   ./configure
   make

It fails on my machine (an ArchLinux using autoconf 2.69-1), with the
following error message:

   moab:.../GC/bdwgc> autoreconf -vif
   autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
   autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
   autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
   configure.ac:24: error: 'AM_CONFIG_HEADER': this macro is obsolete.
       You should use the 'AC_CONFIG_HEADERS' macro instead.
   /usr/share/aclocal-1.13/obsolete-err.m4:12: AM_CONFIG_HEADER is expanded from...
   configure.ac:24: the top level
   autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
   aclocal: error: echo failed with exit status: 1
   autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

Replacing AM_CONFIG_HEADER with AC_CONFIG_HEADERS as adviced by the error
makes it.

I hope this will help.

Cheers,

--