[Gc] RE: Re[3] GC mailing list [transition]

Bruce Hoult bruce at hoult.org
Fri Jan 31 14:43:26 PST 2014

I've consulted with the other Dylan people on the mailing list and
IRC. Everyone thinks it's a fine idea, including our defacto sysadmin,
prom, who would actually do the initial work (which looks pretty
minor).

Note that we already do some hosting and have some special licensing
for the competing Ravenbrook (nee Harlequin) "Memory Pool System"
(MPS), which is the native GC for Open Dylan (originally Harlequin
Dylan). Open Dylan can also use BDWGC, depending on platform/code
generator. Gwydion Dylan (d2c, originally from CMU) uses BDWGC only.

We don't see any conflict in helping with both GC systems, but I just
thought I should disclose that relationship.