[httperf] General questions

Martin F. Arlitt httperf@napali.hpl.hp.com
Fri, 02 Feb 2001 01:19:13 +0000

Kay

I can answer some of your questions.

Kay McGinn wrote:

> Very new to httperf - I have a number of very basic questions:
>
> 1.  Is httperf available for Windows platform?

httperf does not run on Windows.  It does run
on Linux, which will run on the same hardware
as Windows...

> 2.  Need to test various combinations of httperf simulating browsers sending
> requests to a secure web site (SSLv3).  Is it possible to simulate
> individual SSL connections?  Similarly, simultaneous connections.

it is possible to do both.

> 3.  Can httperf be used to simulate x number of sessions/connections, so
> that memory leaks can be identified.

it can be used to simulate either.

> 4.  Measure the number of pages that can be sent/received in a reasonable
> time.

it does collect a variety of statistics on connections established,
requests issued, responses received,  sessions generated, etc.  These
should provide the information you need.

> Is there a httperf newsgroup that I can look at to see what other people
> have asked?

I don't know the answer to this one.