[httperf] httperf scripts and add-ons

Michael Hicks httperf@napali.hpl.hp.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:26:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi.
I've just been carefully looking over httperf, and I have some questions:

1) Has anyone put together support for a generator similar to WebStone?
This is mentioned in the technical paper.  In particular, I'd like to
give httperf a list of URI's and some weights for each, and have the
generator randomly request a URI.  Is generation completely separate
from statistics-gathering?  If so, it would seem easy enough to write
the generator code and plug it in.

2) Does anyone have any scripts that they wouldn't mind sharing
for collating the output of httperf?  In particular, scripts that combine
the results from multiple clients would be very helpful.  Whatever
I end up writing in this manner I'll be happy to post here.

Thanks!
Mike

--
Michael Hicks
Ph.D. Candidate, the University of Pennsylvania