[httperf] ssl

Martin F. Arlitt httperf@napali.hpl.hp.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:49:14 +0000

Kris

I am unable to recreate the problem you are having.  For example,
if I issue the following command:

./httperf --server=etna --port=8443 --ssl --wsess 2,2,1 --max-piped-calls 1

httperf issues 4 requests and 4 responses, but only utilizes 2 TCP connections
(Total: connections 2 requests 4 replies 4 test-duration 2.267 s)

If I utilize HTTP 1.0 (which uses a separate TCP connection for each request)
I do see the SSL sessionIDs being reused.

if you are still unable to reuse SSL sessionIDs, please let me know.
If you could do a full packet capture using tcpdump of a short test
(such as a single session that issues 2 or 3 requests) that would be very
useful.

Martin