[httperf] ASCII NUL seperated list

Martin Arlitt httperf@napali.hpl.hp.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 6:40:57 PDT

Frank

an ASCII NUL separated list is a list of the uris separated by the
'\0' character.  for more information check out the comments in
gen/uri_wlog.c.

here is a simple program for creating such a list:

/* program to create ASCII NUL separated list to use with --wlog option */
/* to compile: cc -o create_wlog create_wlog.c */

/* program accepts list of uris on command line */
/* e.g., ./create_wlog /empf/empfang.html /empf/info.html > wlog.txt */

/* to use with httperf: */
/* httperf --server=X --wlog=y,wlog.txt --num-conns=Y */

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  int i;

  /* usage information */
  if(argc==1)
    {
      fprintf(stderr,"usage: %s uri0 ... uriN\n");
      exit(-1);
    }

  /* read all uris, print in NUL separated list */
  for(i=1; i<argc; i++)
    fprintf(stdout,"%s%c", argv[i],(char)0);

  return(0);
}

Martin