[httperf] ASCII NUL seperated list

Frank Schouren httperf@napali.hpl.hp.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:22:14 +0100

> an ASCII NUL separated list is a list of the uris separated by the
> '\0' character.  for more information check out the comments in
> gen/uri_wlog.c.
>
> here is a simple program for creating such a list:

Thanks you very much, Martin, that helped! Great!

Now I'm just a little concerned about the following output line when
testing for example at a rate of 10 [1/s] :

"Reply size [B]: header 243.0 content 5410.0 footer 0.0 (total 5653.0)
Net I/O: 56.5 KB/s (0.5*10^6 bps)"

I'm testing 16 different URIs from that list with an all-together-amount
of 100KB. 16 * 5653 is aproximately 90 K, and that is approximately 100K
;-)
Is this calculation/assumption correct or have I done something wrong?

Moreover, the net I/O should (at a rate of 10 [1/s]) be around 1 MB/s and
it's not! It's just 10*5653...

Thx for any answer,
FS