[httperf] HTTP Web Server performance limitaitons

Martin F. Arlitt httperf@napali.hpl.hp.com
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 14:35:41 +0000

Deepak

please provide some more information about your
experiment:

what workload are you generating? are you
generating 600 requests/second for the same file
(if so, what size is the file)?  or are you requesting
a bunch of different files?  if so, what is the average
size of those files? are you requesting static files
or dynamic (e.g., cgi-bin) files?

what type of network are you using (e.g., 100 Mb/s
switched Ethernet)?

what httperf options are you using?

if you could include the httperf output from the two
clients that may offer some insights as well (just for one
test to start with).

Martin