[httperf] Https requests

Martin Arlitt arlitt@granite.hpl.hp.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:29:07 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff

the first thing you need to do is to ensure that httperf (version 0.8) is
compiled with ssl support.  the instructions on how to do this are
included in the README file.

once you have compiled httperf with ssl support, just use the --ssl option
to have httperf issue https rather than http requests; the commandline
options used to control the number and rate of requests are the same for
both https and http.  if you are not familar with these commands, the
httperf man page includes a number of examples for using httperf to
generate both http and https traffic, as well as descriptions of all of
the commands.

there are two other ssl related options: --ssl-ciphers and
--ssl-no-reuse.  definitions of these are provided in the httperf man
page.

I hope this helps.  if you have additional questions, please let me know.

Martin