[httperf] question

Martin Arlitt arlitt@granite.hpl.hp.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 06:19:17 -0700 (PDT)

Chong

it looks like you don't have erand48 and drand48 (random number generation
functions) on your computer.

from http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2053.html it looks like
these functions were not added to Mac OS X until version 10.2:

"The Rand48() family of functions are now a part of stdlib. These routines
include: drand48, erand48, lrand48, nrand48, mrand48, jrand48, srand48,
 seed48, and lcong48. (r. 2718058)."

so it seems like you either need to upgrade your OS to a version that
includes these functions, or modify httperf to use a random number
generator that already exists in the OS release you are using.

hope this helps.

Martin