[httperf] Can httperf generate session whose length is exponentiallydistributed?

Martin Arlitt arlitt@granite.hpl.hp.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 06:35:14 -0800 (PST)

Weiyaya

you will need to define a number of different sessions in session.log,
whose lengths are exponentially distributed.  then when you generate a
workload using --wsesslog the session lengths for the workload will be
exponentially distributed as well.

by default you can specify up to 1000 different sessions in session.log.

if that doesn't meet your needs, then you will have to modify the source
code to add the functionality you want.

Martin