[httperf] Can httperf generate session whose lengthisexponentiallydistributed?

yywei yywei@csnet1.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:08:15 +0800


   Thank you for your help. I have an another question.
   When the server is overloaded, the client request may timeout. Then client-timo error is increased by 1. When a request belong to an existing session time out,
then the existing session is aborted, can the server know such case?
   I am appreciated you help me. Thank you very much.


Weiyaya


    









----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Martin Arlitt" <arlitt@granite.hpl.hp.com>
To: "yywei" <yywei@csnet1.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn>
Cc: "httperf@linux.hpl.hp.com" <httperf@napali.hpl.hp.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 1:08 AM
Subject: Re: [httperf] Can httperf generate session whose lengthisexponentiallydistributed?


> Weiyaya
> 
> the httperf output indicates that 1,278 connections were reset by the
> server (i.e., the server sent a TCP RST packet to the client).  Since you
> are using persistent connections, I expect that these error occur when the
> client attempts to issue another request on a connection that the server
> has just closed.  under normal circumstances the client would not do this,
> but your server seems to be overloaded, so perhaps the client is issuing
> the request before it has seen the server close the connection.  if you
> use tcpdump to monitor the network traffic you should be able to identify
> what is going on (by analyzing the individual TCP connections that are
> being reset).
> 
> Martin
> 
> 
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, yywei wrote:
> 
> > Dear Martin,
> >    I got an output as follows. The connreset error is 1278. Why such error occurs?  In my apapche server,
> > The "SOMAXCONN" is 128 default.
> > 
> >     
> > [wyy@dmb httperf-0.8]$ httperf --hog --port 80 --rate 1 --failure-status 503  --server 166.111.70.100 --timeout 5 --uri /cgi-bin/test.pl --wsess 600,8,8   --session-cookies  --client 0/2
> > httperf --hog --timeout=5 --client=0/2 --server=166.111.70.100 --port=80 --uri=/cgi-bin/test.pl --failure-status=503 --rate=1 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --session-cookies --wsess=600,8,8.000
> > Maximum connect burst length: 3
> > 
> > Total: connections 1878 requests 3156 replies 1321 test-duration 666.613 s
> > 
> > Connection rate: 2.8 conn/s (355.0 ms/conn, <=42 concurrent connections)
> > Connection time [ms]: min 192.9 avg 9991.8 max 13037.7 median 10189.5 stddev 2102.7
> > Connection time [ms]: connect 0.5
> > Connection length [replies/conn]: 1.000
> > 
> > Request rate: 4.7 req/s (211.2 ms/req)
> > Request size [B]: 112.0
> > 
> > Reply rate [replies/s]: min 0.0 avg 2.0 max 5.2 stddev 1.2 (133 samples)
> > Reply time [ms]: response 2250.0 transfer 0.0
> > Reply size [B]: header 197.0 content 584.0 footer 2.0 (total 783.0)
> > Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=0 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=1321
> > 
> > CPU time [s]: user 152.73 system 504.31 (user 22.9% system 75.7% total 98.6%)
> > Net I/O: 2.0 KB/s (0.0*10^6 bps)
> > 
> > Errors: total 1835 client-timo 557 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 1278
> > Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0
> > 
> > Session rate [sess/s]: min 0.00 avg 0.06 max 1.00 stddev 0.13 (43/600)
> > Session: avg 8.00 connections/session
> > Session lifetime [s]: 74.4
> > Session failtime [s]: 23.0
> > Session length histogram: 134 156 123 64 35 31 10 4 43
> > 
> >   Thank you for your help!!!!!!
> > 
> > Sincerely,
> > 
> > Weiyaya
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> httperf mailing list
> httperf@linux.hpl.hp.com
> http://linux.hpl.hp.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/httperf