[httperf] compiling httperf with SSL on RedHat-9.0

Andreas Ott andreas@packetdesign.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:29:04 -0700

Hi,

David Mosberger redirected me to this mailing list for support.
The README file should somehow reflect the fact that David no
longer supports the tool.

--- Forwarded  Message ---
I would like to report two issues with httperf that I encountered
today.

First, please add a hint to the README file how to compile httperf
with SSL under RedHat-9. I admit: this is broken that I have to
include the krb5 path to satisfy the ssl include but now it works ;-).

The important missing piece is that RH-9 ssl wants to include
krb5.h and that is not in any of the -L paths. There are only two new
compiler warnings as a result of adding the broken krb5/ssl, they
are redefined 'TRUE' and 'FALSE' .

[andreas@dhcp-168-0-17 httperf-0.8]$ export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/kerberos/include/"
[andreas@dhcp-168-0-17 httperf-0.8]$ ./configure --with-ssl=yes

output from configure (confirmed, SSL is not recognized):
checking for SSL_version in -lssl... (cached) yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... (cached) yes

error output from make:
wsesslog.c:85:1: warning: "TRUE" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:72,
                 from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
                 from ../httperf.h:182,
                 from wsesslog.c:73:
/usr/kerberos/include/krb5.h:229:1: warning: this is the location of the previous defi
nition
wsesslog.c:86:1: warning: "FALSE" redefined
/usr/kerberos/include/krb5.h:226:1: warning: this is the location of the previous defi
nition

However, './httperf --ssl ...' then works as expected.

Second, most of our documents are dynamically generated and contain
the following line before the html document "<!DOCTYPE html ..."> header.

This leads to parse errors like
httperf.parse_status_line: invalid status line `<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>'!!
httperf.parse_status_line: bad status 1108548116

I will leave this up to you to make changes in the code, I fear
that I might break more things than I am able to repair.

----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks, andreas