[httperf] Httperf error when using SSL

Jordi Guitart Fernandez jguitart at ac.upc.es
Mon Apr 5 09:00:56 PDT 2004

Hello

I'm using httperf as a load generator for Tomcat server. Httperf uses
SSL to make the requests.  In some executions, there are several SSL
connections that generate the following error (in the core_ssl_connect
method):

httperf: failed to connect to SSL server (err=-1, reason=1)
23047:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version
number:s3_pkt.c:279:

while the other SSL connections seem to perform well (I've modified
httperf not to exit if an error of this type is detected).

I can't understand why this error is produced, and why only in some
executions. Anybody can help to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Jordi