[httperf] httperf persistent connection related query

Martin Arlitt arlitt at granite.hpl.hp.com
Fri Jul 9 11:32:13 PDT 2004

hi

persistent connections are enabled by default.  you will need to specify a
workload that requires a connection to be reused though.  for example:

$ ./httperf --server=192.168.0.1 --num-calls=4

this will issue four requests and receive four responses over one
connection, as the output shows:

Total: connections 1 requests 4 replies 4 test-duration 0.002 s

similarly, if you use a session-based workload, each session will use a
persistent connection by default.  of course if the server either doesn't
support persistent connections or closes the connection then httperf
cannot reuse the connection.

Martin