[httperf] How to set Cookies?

dkrishna at ucalgary.ca dkrishna at ucalgary.ca
Fri Nov 26 06:35:01 PST 2004

Paula:

Try something similar to the following.

httperf --client=0/1 --server=www.server.com --uri=/ --period=e1.0 --send-
buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --session-cookies --
wsesslog=20000,1.000,./session_file.txt

This submits 20000 sessions as defined in session_file.txt such that the
session inter-arrival times are exponentially distributed with a mean of 1.0
second.  A cookie is associated with each session and is transmitted with
all requests from that session.  The value of the cookie is set to the last
value sent by the server in the "Set-cookie" http response header. To see
the cookie values transmitted by the server add --verbose or --debug 5 to
the command line.

Diwakar.