[httperf] problems faced in implementing httperf!

Martin Arlitt arlitt at hpl.hp.com
Mon Jan 31 09:29:56 PST 2005

Anindita

I expect the problems you are encountering are related to either how you
are using httperf, or the environment in which you are using httperf.
httperf has been used by many people, and I know for a fact that it can
generate more than 27000 connections, vary the rate, etc.

if you can provide details on how you are invoking httperf (i.e., the
command line options), the client you are running it on (e.g., the
hardware and OS of the client), the server you are testing (e.g., the
hardware, OS, and Web server software), the workload you are
generating, and the type of network you are testing on, I can perhaps
provide you with feedback on what the problems might be.

Martin