[httperf] Newbee question

Martin Arlitt arlitt at hpl.hp.com
Tue Jun 14 13:56:03 PDT 2005

Mark

if I understand your question correctly, you want to have 380 concurrent
sessions (users).  in order to do that, you will need to do some planning,
as the command you included does not (as you correctly observed) maintain
380 concurrent sessions.

I suggest you review a message I sent to the httperf list in March 2004;
it is available from
http://www.hpl.hp.com/hosted/linux/mail-archives/httperf/
just click on the 'Date' column for March 2004, then click on the message
I sent entitled "Httperf concurrent/rate implementation".  that will give
you a detailed description on how to set up a more elaborate experiment
that maintains a desired number of concurrent sessions.

if you plan to test a large number of concurrent sessions, you may need to
apply a simple patch to httperf.  that patch is described in a message I
sent in February 2004 ("httperf help required (fwd)"), which is also
available from the mail archive.

if you still have questions after reviewing these messages, please let me
know.

thanks

Martin