[httperf] Newbee question

Mark Pors mark at pors.net
Wed Jun 8 07:10:29 PDT 2005

Hi!

I have been playing with httperf and it looks very promising for my
purpose, but I am not sure how to interpret some of the options.

What I try to accomplish is the following:

- generate a load of x 'users' simultaneous
- where a 'user' is  simulation of a web browser, loading a single HTML
page including all images, style sheets etc.
- the 'user' has never more than 2 simultaneous connections with the server

So I could make a file containing the URL of the web page + all URLs of
the images etc., and call that file with --wlog=y,file.txt
Using --max-connections 2  should ensure that each session doesn't use
more than 2 simultaneous connections (am I correct?).
Now is the question: how do I get 'x' simultaneous 'users'? The --rate
option doesn't seem to have any influence...

Any help is highly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Mark