[httperf] Is there a way to compile/link httperf with a different OpenSSL library

Yusuf Goolamabbas yusufg at outblaze.com
Tue Nov 15 19:24:52 PST 2005

Hi, On my Opteron box, I have compiled OpenSSL 0.9.8a (which has AMD64
specific rc4 optimisations) in a different path
(/usr/local/site/openssl). Is there a way I can configure httperf to use
that library instead of the system openssl

I tried to add the following lines to configure

# Check whether --with-ssl or --without-ssl was given.
if test "${with_ssl+set}" = set; then
  withval="$with_ssl"
    CPPFLAGS="-I${with_ssl}/include ${CPPFLAGS}"; LDFLAGS="-L${with_ssl}/lib ${LDFLAGS}"
fi;

and then compile with ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/site/openssl
That didn't seem to work. Anybody have the right autoconf fu to provide
a patch ?

Regards, Yusuf