[httperf] Re: doubts regarding configuring httperf

Martin Arlitt arlitt at hpl.hp.com
Mon Oct 24 07:58:43 PDT 2005

Raj

> I am using the httperf tool for measuring the performance of my web server.
>  namely throughput and response time,( or mean response time)
>  i would like to measure these 2 parameters , for
>  1)open work loads ( where think time is 0..and we know the arrival rate of
> requests for that web page)

one way to do this (if you are requesting a single URL repeatedly) is to
just use the --rate option to control the arrival rate.

>   and
> 2) close workloads ( where the users have some think time and we know the
> number of users)

in this case I would use the --wsesslog option, which enables you to
specify the think time, and control the number of users (there are some
messages in the archive about this).

Martin