[httperf] Host header problem

Martin Arlitt arlitt at hpl.hp.com
Tue Apr 4 06:50:56 PDT 2006

hi Mark

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> httperf doesn't seem to set the Host request header correctly; it
> always omits the port (even if it isn't 80).
>
> Does anyone else see this?

you are the first to report it.  you are correct, it should include the
port number in the Host header (as you probably know it's ok to omit the
port number when it's the default, but it must include it otherwise).

at the moment I'm not sure what the proper fix is, I'll have to add it to
the TODO list.

> I've tried using --server-name, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

the --server-name header has it's own problem, as you may have seen before:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/hosted/linux/mail-archives/httperf/2004-January/000141.html

however, that does not fix the issue you have found.

thanks

Martin