[httperf] help needed to set up httperf on Cygwin

Martin Arlitt arlitt at hpl.hp.com
Thu Aug 3 16:57:59 PDT 2006

hi

I installed Cygwin on a windows machine.  other than the default
configuration I added the following in the Devel group:

autoconf 2.59-2 (not sure if this was actually needed)
gcc 3.4.4-1
make 3.81-1

once cygwin installed, I downloaded httperf-0.8.tar.gz to a temp
directory.

within cygwin I did:
$ cd temp
$ tar zxvf httperf-0.8.tar.gz
$ cd httperf-0.8
$ mkdir build
$ ../configure
$ make

both of these final steps worked fine.

I could then run httperf; e.g.,

$ ./httperf --server=svr --uri=/

the only thing I can suggest is that you update your installation of
cygwin, and try again.

e.g., goto www.cgywin.com and click on the "Install or update now" link,
then follow the directions.

Martin