[httperf] httperf: connection failed with unexpected error 99

Martin Arlitt arlitt at hpl.hp.com
Wed Aug 30 12:06:58 PDT 2006

if I understand the source code correctly,  --hog will use ports from
IPPORT_RESERVED to 65535;

(the following lines are from core.c)
#define MIN_IP_PORT     IPPORT_RESERVED
#define MAX_IP_PORT     65535
#define BITSPERLONG     (8*sizeof (u_long))
static u_long port_free_map[((MAX_IP_PORT - MIN_IP_PORT + BITSPERLONG)
                             / BITSPERLONG)];

I expect IPPORT_RESERVED should be standard across systems.

Martin