[httperf] timeout

Mark Pors mark at dreamzpace.com
Tue Jan 10 11:32:45 PST 2006

Hi,

I have a question about the --timeout parameter.

When doing this: httperf --server=athens.pm.org --uri=/big --timeout=10

The file 'big' is about 7MB large.
The operation times out after a bit more than 10 seconds, which is very
different from what a browser does.

I was looking at the bandwidth of the connection, and there was data
coming and going during these 10 seconds

Is this the normal expected httperf behavior?
I would expect the timeout to be reset when the server responds at a
specific point?

The man page is not very clear on this, please help me out on this.

Cheers
Mark

--
Pors BV