[httperf] error when issuing make command from cygwin

Martin Arlitt arlitt at hpl.hp.com
Fri Jul 14 12:55:10 PDT 2006

hi Bhagwan

as I mentioned before I do not have a cygwin environment, but my colleague
was able to compile httperf in a cygwin environment without any problem.

>      I whenever I try to issue the make command from the build
> directory in cygwin I get the following error I have already configured
> httperf from the build directory the error I get is as follows it is
> ONLY A PART OF THE ERROR DISPLAYED AS IT IS A VERY LONG LIST IF THE
> COMPLETE LIST IS NEEDED THEN I WOULD SEND IT:

from the errors you sent it seems to me like the u_wide type is either not
getting defined, or is getting defined incorrectly.  check what u_wide is
defined as in the file 'config.h' in your build directory.

it should be one of

#define u_wide unsigned long long

or

#define u_wide unsigned long

> I am lost I do not see basic.c in my stat folder in build HOWEVER I SEE
> IT IN THE stat folder of httperf which is installed in a saperate
> directory on my system. Any reply would be kindly appreciated.

the source files are not located in the build directory, so you should
look in the httperf/stat directory to see the source code of basic.c, and
to find which lines the compiler is having problems with.