[httperf] connection failed with unexpected error 49

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Jun 14 09:52:48 PDT 2006

Stefan Groschupf wrote:
> Hi,
> btw, a nice tool.
> However I note that I got bogus results if following error will  reported:
> httperf: connection failed with unexpected error 49
> The network traffic stops and the request rate is much less than  expected.
> What does this error mean? How to prevent this error?
> My test client is a dual core intel chip with OSX, httperf was  builded
> via open darwin ports?

Assuming that is an errno error, a couple things come to mind - first,
adding an strerror() call to the code to get the systems error string
for that errno.

Second, looking for that number in errno.h.  On HP-UX that would be as
simple as:

grep 49 /usr/include/sys/errno.h

for OSX, you may need to see what /usr/include/errno.h includes and make
sure you search those files.

Armed with that knowledge, we may be able to determine better what is
going-on and how to deal with it.

rick jones