[httperf] generate session files

Bhagwan Anjanappa banjanap at mix.wvu.edu
Tue Mar 7 10:29:10 PST 2006

Hi Martin,
 Thank you for the reply, my implementation is, using the httperf tool
I intend to test an application that implements dynamic session
generation. My question is the syntax for this in httperf is ---wsess
N1,N2,X where all N1,N2 and X are FIXED NUMBERS, I DO NOT WANT a FIXED
NUMBER INSTEAD USE A VARIABLE OR A DISTRIBUTATION, I also WANT TO WRITE
SCRIPTS to GENERATE SESSION files for httperf that allows us to vary
the client think time and the arrival rate of new client sessions.

Help needed from any source as this has become a major obstacle in my
implementation.

Thanking you,
Bhagwan