[httperf] implementation of exponential distribution in httperf

Bhagwan Anjanappa banjanap at mix.wvu.edu
Fri Mar 10 10:54:49 PST 2006

Hi all,
  While I was going through some of the papers on httperf I came across
something which said

"we have done another experiment in workloads with exponential
distribution. Session lengths are exponentially distributed
with mean of 8. The request content is a CPU-intensive CGI script. The
thinktime between requests of the same session is exponentially
distributed with mean value of 5".

I would like to know what does WORKLOAD WITH EXPONENTIAL DISTRIBUTION
mean. I also would like to know how to implement EXPONENTIALLY
DISTRIBUTED SESSION LENGTHS.

help is deeply appreciated.

Thanking you,
Bhagwan