[httperf] SuSE RPM and Spec File

Ted Bullock tbullock at canada.com
Fri Sep 8 18:35:27 PDT 2006

Because I am a giant nerd and am trying to avoid showering and cleaning
my apartment (kidding, I swear) I wrote a RPM spec file for building a
httperf RPM to install on SuSE or (probably) Redhat/Fedora or any other
distro that uses RPM.

This can be used by placing the httperf-0.8.tar.gz source file at
/usr/src/packages/SOURCES and running rpmbuild -ba --target=i686
httperf-0.8-1.spec

It is listed below:

Packager: Ted Bullock <tbullock at canada.com>
Provides: httperf

Requires: openssl

%description
httperf is a tool for measuring web server performance. It provides a
flexible facility for generating various HTTP workloads and for
measuring server performance. The focus of httperf is not on
implementing one particular benchmark but on providing a robust,
high-performance tool that facilitates the construction of both micro-
and macro-level benchmarks. The three distinguishing characteristics of
httperf are its robustness, which includes the ability to generate and
sustain server overload, support for the HTTP/1.1 and SSL protocols, and
its extensibility to new workload generators and performance measurements.

%prep
%setup

%build
CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" CXXFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" \
./configure
make

%install
make install