[httperf] IPv6 support?

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Mon Sep 11 09:28:15 PDT 2006

Sérgio Gomes wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I've set up a small server farm, and I'd like to test it with httperf.
> Unfortunately, the whole intranet it's built upon works exclusively with
> IPv6. I haven't found any indication of IPv6 support in the httperf
> documentation, but I haven't found any otherwise information either.
>
> So my question is, does httperf support IPv6, and if not, is there any
> similar tool that does?

One of the first things I would check would be whether the source code
makes calls to gethostbyname(), or if it makes calls to getaddrinfo().
Calls to getaddrinfo() would be a necessary (generally) but not
sufficient condition for IPv6 support.

Next I would see if the source uses something like sockaddr_storage
instead of sockaddr_in, the former being a positive IPv6-capable indication.

rick jones