[httperf] new versions of httperf released

Arlitt, Martin martin.arlitt at hp.com
Mon Apr 30 07:28:24 PDT 2007

Hi

It is my pleasure to announce two new versions of httperf: 0.8.1 and
0.9.0.  version 0.8.1 fixes the known bugs in version 0.8, which was
released almost 7 years ago.  The primary new feature in 0.9.0 is
improved portability.  It has been tested on

HP-UX 11i (64-bit PA-RISC and IA-64)

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (AMD64 and IA-64)

SUSE Linux 10.1 (i386)

openSUSE 10.2 (i386)

OpenBSD 4.0 (i386)

FreeBSD 6.0 (AMD64)

Solaris 8 (UltraSparc 64-bit)

Both of these versions are available from the download link of the
httperf Web page (http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/linux/httperf/) or
directly from the httperf ftp site (ftp://ftp.hpl.hp.com/pub/httperf/)

For more details on the changes in each version, please refer to the
ChangeLog file that is included with each release.

I would like to thank the students at the University of Calgary who
prepared these two releases:

Ted Bullock

Andrew Hateley

Eric Thiessen

Sheridan Thirsh

I would also like to thank Diwakar Krishnamurthy who co-ordinated this
project, and Mark Nottingham for his feedback and guidance.

Any questions, comments, bug reports or bug fixes should be sent to the
httperf mailing list.