[httperf] how to specify request distribution

Arlitt, Martin martin.arlitt at hp.com
Wed Aug 15 06:06:21 PDT 2007

Hi Rahul

There are several ways this could be achieved.  I would probably use
-wsesslog, and define a number of sessions such that the resulting
distribution would have the desired characteristics.  You could use the
-wlog option as well, and just create the appropriate distribution in
the log file (e.g., 5 requests for login.html, 3 requests for
balance.html and 2 requests for register.html).  Be aware though that
the log for -wlog requires an ASCII NULL separated list; check out the
mailing list archive if you are not familiar with what this is.